What is Alpha?
- The Alpha course is an opportunity for anyone to explore spirituality from a Christian perspective. It’s relaxed, non-threatening, low-key, and fun. Alpha is a place to ask anything—no question is considered too simple or too hostile.
- Over ten thought-provoking weekly sessions, Alpha guests share meals, listen to a series of talks, and then have small group discussions. Each talk covers a fundamental question, such as: “Who is Jesus?” “Why and How do I pray?” and Does God heal today?”
- More than 6 million people have completed the Alpha course since it started over 20 years ago in London. Today the course is being run worldwide; meeting in homes, schools, universities, military posts, and prisons, and is supported by churches of every different and major denomination.
- Everyone is welcome for the Alpha course! Some people want to investigate whether God exists and if there is any point to life; others are concerned about what happens after death. Still others may have attended church, but feel they have never really understood the basics of the Christian faith. People come from many different backgrounds and hold many different viewpoints, but most come with the same basic objective: to establish whether God and Jesus Christ have any real relevance for their lives.
- There is no cost to you to attend the Alpha Course.
How do I start?
Next Session Info